Equality and Diversity
The Farriers Registration Council (FRC) is committed to promoting equality of opportunity and diversity amongst all of its members and employees.
Everyone is responsible for their own behaviour but the FRC expects all persons to treat their colleagues with respect and fairness, and not to discriminate against or harass others. The FRC undertakes that no member, employee or any other person whom the FRC has dealings should feel discriminated against or disadvantaged on the grounds of their:
- Gender Reassignment
- Marriage and Civil Partnership
- Pregnancy and Maternity
- Religion or Belief
- Sex or sexual orientation
The above are known as ‘Protected Characteristics’.
The Council’s primary equality objectives are to:
- To monitor and maintain the Register of Farriers in a manner that is fair and free from discrimination.
- To develop and promote positive working relations with all members, employees and customers.
- To ensure appropriate and robust procedures are in place to prevent unjustified discrimination against any member, employee or any other person.