How to Become an ATF
The FRC sets the requirements for admission to the ATF list. To become an ATF you must be qualified to either AWCF or to an accepted alternative (Dip HE or Foundation Degree in Farriery), and have passed the Train the Trainer Farrier Award (TTFA).
If you hold these qualifications and wish to apply, please follow the steps below:
- Contact the FRC for an ATF application form.
- Complete the application form and return with the required documentation and fee to the FRC.
- The FRC will consider the application and, if content, will forward the application to the preferred College.
- The College will consider the application, carry out a forge visit, health and safety review and conduct an interview for suitability.
- The College will advise the FRC of their acceptance.
- The FRC will write advising of the outcome and, if approved, your name will be added to the ATF List.